Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Who needs a cookie?

I'm sitting here with a cup of warm water green tea because 2017 needs me to figure out how to be calmer, cooler, and less riddled with worry and anxiety.  I was going to throw down a few sentences about now about how swimmingly tepidly the year has gone so far, but suffice it to say that it's tasted about the same as my now daily green tea regimen. 

I'm actually not dreading the green tea or anything and have had a cuppa every day for about 2 weeks, but it just has nothing going for it other than warmth and that good, solid weight of the mug in my hands that I dig a lot.  So it could be worse.  It could be training for a marathon.

The tea does go hand in hand (ba da bing, ba da boom) with a couple of positives, though.  So let's focus on that a moment.

1.  My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
2.  the surefire lose-weight-fast plan
3.  "cookies" 

Let's begin with books.  I'm only about 100 pages in Sotomayor's memoir, but I find her easily narrative and spunky.  It's a solid read and a quick one.  Plus, I'm a big fan of the female who puts her nose to the grindstone and rocks the robe.  I suppose that the scope of the book could completely tank but nah...I wouldn't judge that to happen.  Plus, I want to go to Puerto Rico now/again.

The whole fam came down with a kamikazee stomach bug.  It was the first time that all four of us were felled by the same germs.  The Elder and I succumbed within an hour of each other, which made for an especially fun duality for the boy.  There was specifically one moment when I might have been groaning for help from one bathroom whilst the Elder was getting assistance in the other.  BUT.  When you eat 200 calories in 40 hours, the old jeans feel a bit spiffier a couple of days later when you find yourself ready to venture out of the house. 

The Younger decided on a cookie recipe that she wants to try out.  So we wrote it down, and some day...  The ingredient list alone screams d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s.

chocolate chips (5 cups)
flour (5 cups)
cinnamon (1 tsp)
grape tomatoes, chopped (2)
pecans, chopped (1/2 cup)
cranberries (1/2 cup)
salted cashews, chopped (1/2 cup)
baking powder (4 tsp)
eggs (3)
sugar (1/2 cup)
honey (1/4 cup)
butter (2 sticks)
brown sugar (1 cup)
vanilla (1 tsp)

I'll have to get back with you about the outcome of this huge batch of monster cookies with tomatoes.

No comments: