I have much, much, much to write about, but I fear that I will be just makin' y'all jealous 'bout all the leggin's, all the time. Summer = so many leggings.
(I'm also watching The Office right now because NETFLIX HOW DARE YOU?!?! for pulling it from your offerings?!?! I will undoubtedly forget things that I want to tell all of the you.)
Here's where I'm (mentally) at right now:
1. We close on our new house in 6 days. It turns out that the time between when you agree on a price and when you pay for the price is a long time. It's not that I'm all BALLOONS & CONFETTI & CHEERCHEERCHEER but rather like dearly beloved can we just get this ooooover with?
2. We close on the sale of our current house 4 days later.
3. I spent 9 hours today working with other teachers on crafting/planning/drafting rubrics, assessments, a schedule, and a decision on what material to use. We completed (almost) ONE unit. We're now (almost) through October. Le sigh...teachers.
4. This town continues to be a magnet for twisters, and as I woke up just a few days ago when the siren went off for the second time that night, I immediately thought "We're not going to end things this way, house!" (It's time to back off on life when you think your house is out to get you by attracting tornadoes. That usually doesn't happen, I hear.)
5. Our big furball is really a bony furball right now as he is on what I called "kitty life support" right now, i.e. down to his final days. He's in that bony hips & spine stage now, but his sweet, sweet eyes still have some life in them, and we can't tell that he's in pain. So we're gonna give it a go and take him with us to the new digs rather than take him to the vet for one final showdown in the exam room.
6. I apparently have to be trained in about three things this summer if I want to continue with any of my jobs.
7. I'm also currently employed by 4 schools, though one hasn't exactly paid me yet.
8. The Boy can't wait to do my taxes for this year, I'm sure.
9. I have a list of well-we-really-don't-want-to-have-two-empty-rooms furniture options. When I don't have grading that I have to work on, then I'm probs going to be searching, searching, always searching for ideas and cheap-but-not-too-cheap furniture because sometimes you just want a chair to sit in.
10. Neither of us don't really want to just buy stuff and more stuff because we have some space. It's a fine line to walk for me. Just yesterday, our financial advisor (ironically) told us happily "Oh, you'll grow into the space!" when we indicated that we want this to be our last mortgage and we're really intending to downsize hard when the girls go to college and shouldn't she be proud of us for our financial prudence. But we don't really want to "grow into the space." And then she said "Just don't get one of those tiny houses that you see on TV." I think there's a fair bit of space separating the two.
11. I ran 4+ miles yesterday, and it felt relatively easy. That's never happened before. (I also heard heavy breathing and was glad to see that it was someone behind me on the stair machine; I thought for a minute that I was just an obnoxious breather.)
12. A few hours after we close on the new place, the Boy is leaving for 3 days to go to cross country camp. This is the first time that he's done it even though he talks about doing it every year. His timing is suspicious.
13. I'll be basically moving us into the new place by myself after he helps with the couple of big things. I'm OK with this.
14. The day after the last closin' (which happens right after the movin' when I'll be wearin' the leggin's), I start back up again. I'm kinda OK with this, mostly just tired of waiting for it to start.
Something HAPPEN already.
But wait...that means I can't wear the leggin's as much. It's a catch-22.