Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And so it begins...

After weeks of germinating, my blog has been born. You may expect pithiness, you may expect humor, you may expect some smiles, but I don't because I don't know what to expect.

How does one "blog" and what is it? My life is all about the questions to explore and break down content, and this seems most natural to me. In fact, I believe it was even posed to me before I began this--"What is your intention? What do you expect to get out of it?" I don't know.

Read if you want. Comment if you like. Ignore at your leisure. I will be here in some capacity. I am here with big fuzzy blankets, sparkling grape juice and purring cats. I keep telling my students that I am big on visuals; I'm sure that I will try to convey some of them or at least put them out here in a capacity that they are more visual to myself through my blogging.

Welcome. And in the spirit of my chalkboard at school, I will endeavor to leave with a quote, an addiction that I enjoy.

"I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends." Walt Whitman

Thank you for being what I don't deserve. :-)

1 comment:

sarahesperanza said...

Yay for your blog- I think the world is just a bit ligther knowing that there is an Amy spot out in cyberspace.

Now I know some variation of "it begins" might seem like the obvious way to start a blog, but since we both started our first blog post that way, I like to think of it less as obviousness and more like the planets aligning.

I look forward to the things to come. And yes, I had to look up 'Erudite'.