Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas date #4

4 years ago, Ben and I decided that we should have a super-fantastic-extra-special-once-a-year date and call it our Christmas date. It always involves special yummy food and usually something that just involves hanging out together for a few hours. For the 2nd one, we went down to Indy, which is, I guess where we always go, to the Melting Pot, a perfect date and girls-night-out fondue restaurant. Sentimentally, I have to admit that this restaurant may be my favorite one that I've ever been to.

Perhaps in part because Sarah dishes out words of medical wisdom, which includes the dictum to GO ON DATES NOW WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE!!! like to the Melting Pot, perhaps because of the commercials on tv, perhaps who knows, but Ben decided that this was where we should go again for Christmas date #4. Believe you me, I was not objecting. I love eating for 2 1/2 hours! I love it when people make big pots of cheese right in front of me and then let me play in it. I love fondue with big chunks of veggies and sirloin. I love the cute little booth that we got. I love celebrating fun things with friends and liquid chocolate. I love people who care about me and want to spend that kind of time with me.

"We are indeed much more than we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are." Adelle Davis

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for melting pot dates! I love hearing you write about this place!!