Thursday, May 6, 2010

a post about nothing

I have nothing to say of any consequence. Really, I'm just wasting a bit of time because a) grad school is done for the semester so I have a luxurious wealth of free time and b) I'm waiting on Abby to wake up from her nap, any moment now, and I don't want to do anything. So, I shall blog about nothing. Here are my random nothing thoughts.

Toby just curled up on my lap. She is soft and cuddly.

Today is, dare I jinx it?, perfect weather. No clouds. High around 70. Little humidity. The slightest of breezes. Perfect. I took my 6th period class outside today and we did not much of anything outside rather not much of anything inside. Sometimes you just have those days. There was a reason for it; I'm not just unprepared.

Today was a friend and colleague's birthday, and another friend & colleague brought in super de-lish cake. If you used to work at Taylor and no longer do, you missed out. One of the best things about my job is the fantastic dynamic duo who used to own a chocolate shop in town but gave that up and now bless us for free with their fantastic confections. The whippped cream frosting on their cakes is heaven on a cake.

Abby is walking NON STOP now. I didn't realize that once they figured out how to walk that that's all that they do. But it's so much fun, maybe my favorite stage yet???, and she's even obeying pretty well when we ask her to stop. She turns one year old in 19 days. How did that happen? What a blessing she is. I saw a question on Facebook posted by Earth's Best about mothers for Mother's Day asking What is your favorite thing about being a mother? Where to begin!? The perfect little smiley baby who is all yours? The way she comes up and hugs my leg? The look of pure joy she gets on her face when we go outside? The way she talks, loudly, when she's in her stroller? The way she nestles her head on my shoulder when she's tired? The unconditional love?

A new book by my favorite author has just been released, which is coincidentally right when I'm finding myself with copious amounts of time that I don't know what to do with anymore with no homework to work on. There's supposedly a copy of it available at my library...no wait! I see this as a divine sign from the goddess of literature.

I'm a happy person when there is half a pan of fudgy, nutty brownies sitting in my kitchen and I'm not inclined to devour them. I'm definitely one of those types that devours a centimeter at a time...death by a thousand paper cuts so to speak. I have maybe been known to pick away at the brownies bit by bit because something in me isn't satisfied to leave them alone until the edges of the portion that is left are all straight lines. Justification for excess?

Okay, now I just realized that I do want just one bite. This was a post of nothingness anyway. It's time to stop.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: