Sunday, June 20, 2010

one of those little family moments

We were driving home tonight from Marion, new home of the newly married brother-in-law & sister-in-law tandem, and I briefly experienced one of those little family moments. Yeah, Abby has been around for over a year now, but it was still a warm fuzzy for me and even a bit surreal.

Ben was driving (a rarity on a trip). I was shotgun. Talk was light and sporadic as all were tired. Abby was hanging loose in her seat, drinking her water and then spitting it all over herself while making buzzing sounds for no other reason than it amused her, then sucking on her thumb and playing with her toes...perfectly content. Our CRV has a snazzy little mirror that allows persons in the front seats to glance up and see exactly what any children are doing. I looked at Ben, who was driving like Ben drives (a clone of Dave Cox???) and then in the little mirror at my other little goober, and it was good. Everyone happy. Everyone satisfied with just being.

Sometimes I'm reminded that I have the family picture that I've long admired.

No comments: