Monday, March 26, 2012

Potato Cheddar Soup

I have definitely NOT been following up on my resolutions this year to a) get meals stashed away into our freezer every month and b) write up recipes on here correspondingly. Be that as it may, here's one that I've found fairly recently that I really like for its clean flavors and simplicity. It came to me via E-Mealz, a weekly online subscription that we started in January that sends us 7 days' worth of recipes and a weekly shopping list every week. I've made this recipe 3-4 times already, and I, personally, love it. It's perfect with some good crusty bread, and it freezes well. Here it is: potato cheddar soup.

1/3 c. onion, chopped
1/3 c. celery, chopped
4 diced potatoes
3 c. stock
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. milk
salt & pepper

(I also like to add some chopped carrots with the onion and celery.)

In a large pot, saute onion & celery in 2 T butter or olive oil until tender. Add potatoes and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer until potatoes are soft. Puree potatoes in a food processor / blender until smooth (I like to leave a few chunks left in the pot). Return to pot. Stir in cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. If too thick, add a little water.

See...easy!

No comments: