Monday, June 10, 2013

One year reminscing

My little sugar baby went and turned ONE today.  I'm one of those people that think "One year ago right this minute, I was..." all day long on days like today. 

When I got up this morning: One year ago right this minute, Ben was just getting to the hospital. 

Late morning: One year ago right this minute, I was laughing at Ben for wrapping himself up in a heavy blanket to stay warm.  Apparently, I was so hot that I kept asking for the room to be made colder, which is n-o-t my normal.

Three o'clock: One year ago right this minute, I was getting anxious because it was my doctor's day off and I was wondering if she would come in anyway or if I would deliver with a doctor whom I had never met. 

Four o'clock: One year ago right this minute, I was starting to push.

Twenty-five minutes later: One year ago right this minute, I was done.  Audrey was here.  In twenty years, will I call my daughter at exactly 4:25 to wish her happy birthday?  Maybe.

Dinner time: One year ago right this minute, I was taking a video of Ben, introducing our new bundle.  Beyond thrilled. 

Bed time for babies: One year ago right this minute, I was taking a shower, settling into the recovery room, and alternately staring at the little bean's mewling, newborn face.  Entranced.

Babies are infectiously marvelous.  I'm ever so thankful for my two blessings.


(She is nothing if not smiley.  Gah!)
 


 (Ruffle butt...oh good gracious.)


(Abby loves making the silly faces for pictures.  Audrey loves cake, apparently.)

No comments: