Thursday, September 11, 2014

In the meantime...

Even though I haven't been writing with any consistency for the last...6 months, I think about this old blog just about every day.  Usually in the shower when I am utterly lacking access to things to write with.  Let me just tell you, I'm an amazing writer in the shower.  I blow my own mind with how amazing it is; too bad I can't share that amazement with you.  Just trust me on this one.

In the meantime...

I'm sitting in a coffee shop right now after finishing up some grading.  It's a moment that I have literally been looking forward to for about 2 years now.  Both children are in school, even if it's only 1 hour and 45 minutes, once a week.  It's still some me time, some grading time, some coffee shop time without having to coordinate a sitter, some time outside of the house. 

In the meantime...

I've been struggling, mentally.  I'm pretty lost, up and down, searching, whathaveyou.  I think I'll get there, though most days it doesn't feel like it.  Right now, I'm in a coffee shop, having checked several lingering items off of my list, listening to a jamming play list, and I feel confident in getting there.  Someday.

In the meantime...

I'll leave you with this: "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing" -George Bernard Shaw.  My life is extremely honorable.  Chin up, friends.

1 comment:

Fugitive said...

You're a brave woman. I admire you.