Monday, November 2, 2015

I'll smile about that

First things first:  I am nothing short of thrilled that Halloween is over.  My favorite part was definitely right here -
...I mean, those faces.  I can't get enough of Cleopatra's toothless wonder grin, and our resident veterinarian always smiles like this when you get a camera and pose her.  Fab.

And now, the weather is all "Let's not get to hasty about winter coming."  To which, I say, alright, I'll give you one more wintery season if you let me have just these few weeks of pseudo-September weather.  But in actuality, it's too little too late.  I'm done with you winter and northern states.  D-O-N-E.  I could use my degrees here, OR I could turn barista somewhere (anywhere, please) else and call it a better day.

Plus, if I get stuck in one more snow drift at the end of my driveway/on my street/in my subdivision, I will quite literally prove that humans can likewise hibernate all winter long.

Oy vey.  I'm staring at a truly weather-perfect day outside, and I'm grumbling about winter.  (Feel free to not read this again until about April, when I may snap out of my misery.)

I've gotten off topic here a bit; I'm pretty sure that I really want to grumble grumble grumble about the curse that is DST.  Blergh.  As I typed that last sentence, I realized that well whaddya know, I'm sure that I've already growled about this before.  So I shall leave it at this:

Give me more sun in the afternoon, and my diabetic cat doesn't like the change in his feeding schedule.

And with that, I shall harrumph no more about this on here.  Instead, let's talk about an obviously related topic - beachfront bargain hunting.

It turns out that more of HGTV is infiltrating Netflix.  Ergo, it is there, and I shall watch it.  Blimey, but I could live in a condo on the beach.  Why, yes, indeedy I could. 

Sure now, just you wait until there are children living with us no mas.

Stay tuned for more news on that happening.  I'll be back to update you on this development in about 19 years.

 

1 comment:

Fugitive said...

Those are absolutely adorable smiles. I think that I, too, could hibernate all winter. Well, especially if there was an adequate supply of HGTV home shows to watch.