Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It must be the start of a new school year

It must be a new school year? How, might you ask, does such a statement become apparent? Sit back, grab a beverage of choice (I recommend a latte, but you know, whatever...), and listen to me talk about not much of anything of substance.

It must be a new school year because...

...I'm listening to Pandora more than once a month, i.e. about every night and for a few hours Saturday & Sunday afternoon while trying to make reading scads of database articles more palatable.

...I'm wearing long pants and a sweatshirt. I remember one summer when I was a teenager when I refused to wear jeans from summer's beginning to end, and I succeeded.

...I have no idea what "reading for fun" means anymore.

...I doodle around on my laptop from 3:30-4:00 every day as I drain my brain before starting afresh for the night.

...I wake up before Abby. And we finally had her sleeping until closer to 7 every morning. No mas.

...I only listen to the Braves games as they are on in the background rather than having the luxury of just sitting to watch them. This alone makes me weepy (joking).

...I plan when my french press will be washed so that I can always make a latte before leaving in the morning.

...I grocery shop either at 7 am or 7 pm on Sundays depending on the events of the day rather than my preferred time of Monday mornings.

...I clean rather than do homework, and this coming from a person who loathes cleaning.

...my tomato plants are more or less dead. Mostly, I just forget to water them as they are relatively low on the list of priorities for me right now.

I enjoy sitting outside at night. This is why I wrote a blog right now. I want to continue sitting outside. But, it's now dark and my toes are chilly. In I go...

No comments: