Saturday, January 21, 2012

Groovy kid

Abby is really into the funny sayings stage. I have a couple of favorites as of late.

1. She's picked up the phrase "No way, Jose" from somewhere. She likes to say that (not to negate anything but rather just to walk around saying it), but if she's saying it around me, she came up with "No way, Jo-mommy" and "No way, Jo-daddy" with Ben. That makes me chuckle.
2. I was getting dressed this morning while Ben and Abby were playing in the living room. Abby, for whatever reason, was talking with Ben saying something like "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy-o..."
3. I've heard "I don't like stoplights" a couple of times randomly while driving. Me neither, little one.
4. We're big fans of the Sandra Boynton books, and when she plays by herself, she'll sometimes proclaim "Attention, attention, attention all Pooks," a line from Happy Birthday, Pookie.

Otherwise, she can count by herself to 30, and has gotten over the hurdle of skipping 15, 16 and 17. And, she's big into going potty all by herself (I'm a particular fan of this one) and washing her hands all by herself (but she's a slow poke).

All in all, while her milestones aren't as dramatic as they used to be, but every once in a while, I think, "Wow, she's doing some cool stuff."

And in other news...it's another girl. :-)

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Awww, so cute! And how fun for her to be getting a little sister. :)

Fugitive said...

Yay another girl!