***UPDATE*** It's now Tuesday cause the internet went sketchy when I was trying to post this, but whatevs...still not much happening, so here you are.
Well, I'm slowly crawling out of the nether regions of grading Purgatory, and it's good see some light. You know I've been busy when I haven't even been devoting critical brain cell memory chip space to thinking about random and fairly useless bits of anything on here.
And because of that, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT. But it's one of those days when, dadgumit, I'm gonna get my write on because I have about 15 minutes. I tell ya, I can make 15 minutes count for something.
Like writing about useless bits of nothing? Hypocrite.
But it's a soul satisfying 15 minutes.
Unless I'm unloading and re-loading the dishwasher for that 15 minutes, which isn't so much "soul satisfying" as "keeping the crazy at bay satisfying."
SO. What to ramble on about for
1. I haven't been back up to visit my parents since Christmas, and they live just a tick under 2 hours away.
2. I'm a pantry hoarder. I find things on clearance and buy out the store: 10 cans of pumpkin, 8 boxes of mac & cheese. 4 honey bears. It's a good feeling to think "Crud! I need something to send in the child's lunch tomorrow. I need to make muffins or something." And then you scan your pantry and find 10 cans of pumpkin, which equals 20 batches of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Thanks, pantry.
3. I broke out 'ye olde bassoon a couple of months ago to play at our church for the first time. Color me nervous. Now I have one week to prepare a piece for next week. But it's purty slow, so there's some hope for it yet.
4. Weekends don't really do anything for me. Have I said that before? Just slipping this in (again).
5. Chocolate and bread products do some a great deal of something for me. I'm nothing if not a stress eater.
6. My children still sing "Let It Go" on endless repeat. AND I LOVE IT. "Funny how some dissidence, makes EVERYTHING seem small..." Indeed.
7. I have six minutes left, and it's not because I type slowly. It's because what else is there to say?
8. It's going to rain all week. There's that.
9. My favorite coffee shop hasn't had my preferred flavors of late. But they have all figured it out that I bring my own cup sleeve, and that's a sign that you're IN with the baristas.
10. Track season is starting, which means the boy is going to be MIA for about the next 3 months. And I read a memoir by an ultra runner. One would think that these two items would indicate that I have an interest in running and track-y things. One would be incorrect. I just like the boy, and I've discovered that memoirs are my happy place.
And I will end with this (3 minutes): I'm reading the most recent novel by MY FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER, and sadly, it's mediocre so far. Mediocre, I say. It has me weeping salty tears behind my bookish glasses. But, ah well. Even a little Allende makes my world go 'round.
Happy Monday, my friends.