Sunday, April 20, 2008

wierd week...

What a wierd week.

Wednesday was the "big boom;" Friday was the earthquake.

Who would have thought that going an enormous boom would jolt me out of bed on a random Wednesday night??? It was quite the wierd situation to congregate with the neighbors all in our jammies outside at 10:30 p.m. By the time we got up in the morning, it was supposedly an effect from a falling meteor. Yeah, right. My brother is *convinced* that it's a not-s0-incognito UFO surveillance mission. The newspeople have now determined that it was a fighter jet from Ft. Wayne...breaking the sound barrier. To me this is about as sci-fi as it will ever come. Seriously...breaking the sound barrier just sounds so out there, like it would never possibly occur anywhere where I would ever be. Ben isn't as astounded by this as I am; I persist in reveling in my awe, albeit somewhat scared awe.

The earthquake...let it be known, I have always kind of wanted to experience what a real, honest-to-goodness earthquake is like. Alas, I don't live in California or southern Indiana. Apparantly, I SLEPT through an earthquake Friday morning. My various roommates and family can attest that I'm a fairly light sleeper, and I was especially restless for some reason. Maybe I have a little bit of cockroach in me and can sense an oncoming earthquake. How did I sleep through it when it was apparantly easily felt in Kokomo too? I feel like I'm always writing on here about getting jipped!

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." Aristotle

No comments: