Friday, June 20, 2008

Underwear Poll

I have been thinking of what I should write for my next blog; lo and behold, Ben gives me a topic. Thanks, Ben (just in case he reads this for once).

We have, for 3 years now, had differing opinions on how to fold underwear. He inists that it is more space effective to just lay every pair flat upon each other. Granted, his is all the same color and he doesn't have to shuffle through them in case he prefers to have a white day versus a blue day, for example. I prefer to fold my underwear. I always have and see no reason not to do so. Apparantly, this is about the wierdest thing to do; "Who cares if it has wrinkles? No one will see it?" What kind of an argument is that about whether I should fold my underwear or not?!? Furthermore, whenever Ben folds laundry and any of my offending pairs of undergarments happen to be in the load (which is basically always), Ben does either one of two options. Not so surprisingly, neither of those options is actually just folding it the way that I do it. Option A: fold it up into the tiniest, eency-weency little square possible. Option B: leave it all wadded up in a pile whereupon I have to fold it later. When we fold laundry together, mine and his both go flying in the air at the other person as neither of us wants to give in and fold them or not fold them as the other wants. As I read that last sentence, I imagine that there might be some sort of interesting mental picture conjured up from it (and of course the thought, "who flings underwear at their spouse?" tee hee).

So the poll: Do you or do you not fold your underwear?

I hope that since this is my blog with my kind of people reading it, that I'll get some support (bah-dum ching!). :-) Because of that last zinger and because I seriously doubt that my quote source has any quotes on underwear...I shall go commando on the quotes tonight. (I'm making myself giggle.)

7 comments:

Megan said...

Actually I do the opposite... Everette wears boxers and boxer briefs and they fold once and lay in the drawer, my drawer is a free for all--wadded and stuffed!

sarahesperanza said...

definitely fold them... although, as I shuffle through them (to sort between stripey days or daisy days), they tend to get a little wadded... which always makes me sigh.

Throw a thong at Ben for me. :)

starpilgrim said...

I chronically fold men's underwear (occasionally, to get the dryer free of clothes I fold a load of my neighbor's laundry... and my father and brother much prefer folded). But I just stuff mine into a shoebox on a shelf of my closet, and then it becomes a little surprise when I reach in for a pair in the morning -- what color / pattern today? What will this day be, according to the underwear horoscope?

Megan said...

Definately throw a thong at Ben! How do you even fold thongs?! That seems very much like a waste.

Amy said...

So I had forgotten this until the thong issue was raised, but this was another conversation that happened a few days previously. Who knows why, but it was basically decided that Ben will never wear a thong. We have this conversation once every few months, I'd say.

beautypeace said...

I don't do either...I actually just stuff all my underwear into a drawer. Folding them in any manner is a waste of time in my book.

Anonymous said...

oh!what a great writing style..i really appreciate your blog..well done....
Men's Underwear, Boxer Briefs